Located at the border between Hämeenkoski and Lammi, Lake Pääjärvi is one of the deepest lakes in Finland with a maximum depth of 85 metres. The lake’s waters are slightly stained by humus. As regards fishing, Pääjärvi is best for pike-perch and pike trolling. The most well-known fishing spot is Ronninlahti bay. The lake’s underwater topography is very varied, with shallows only a few metres deep rising suddenly from the 40-metre deep waters. Fishing with sonar on the edges of the lake’s basins can provide good results.
If you wish to troll for pike-perch on Pääjärvi, the best lures to use are 10–12 cm wobblers. If you’re after pike instead, you can also try some bigger lures. The best colours are those imitating vendace. Neon yellow lures can also prove effective. Suitable wobblers include Merimetso, Jesse and Rapala’s deep-diving Husky Jerk.
Rod fishing permit EUR 15/year
PERMIT SALES LOCATIONS:
- Koskikartanon Kahvila-Ravintola, Hämeenkoski, tel. +358 (0)3 751 1499
- Leena and Kari Iloranta, tel. +358 (0)3 7641 288 and +358 (0)50 309 7350
- Säästökarit Lammi, tel. +358 (0)500 712 442
- Pekka Ollila, tel. +358 (0)3 7642 095, +358 (0)400 705 327
- Matti Huvinen, tel. +358 (0)3 7641 716
- Fishing permit by mobile phone, tel. +358 (0)606 0561 452
BOAT LAUNCHING SPOT:
Resting area by Lammi–Asikkala-tie (includes a beach).